Author Topic: Introducing Deeba  (Read 1548 times)

ChrisDeComma

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Introducing Deeba
« on: August 16, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »
I accidently deleted Deeba's post while clearing the spam, but i have what was written:

I posted once before, but it seems to have disappeared or been deleted. If I'm posting in the wrong forum, please let me know. Otherwise, hello all.

I'm not new to Faith, but it's something I've struggled with for a while. I would like to do more than just say that I'm Christian. For a long time, I've shied away from church for many reasons. I've struggled with "organized religion", laziness, uncertainty, and believing when my friends may not.

I'm considering attending a session at a local UCC chapter. In truth, I'm not sure I'd ever heard of it before a friend recommended it to me.

I was raised Catholic and believe that good works are important--if only because compassion and love of our fellow man is important. I'm still in the searching phase, but ultimately, I'm trying to move in a better direction and would appreciate any help in the process. There are very few people I feel I can talk to about my Faith right now. I'm hoping to change that.

goodstoryteller

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Introducing Deeba
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 12:35:01 AM »
I accidently deleted Deeba's post while clearing the spam, but i have what was written:

I posted once before, but it seems to have disappeared or been deleted. If I'm posting in the wrong forum, please let me know. Otherwise, hello all.

I'm not new to Faith, but it's something I've struggled with for a while. I would like to do more than just say that I'm Christian. For a long time, I've shied away from church for many reasons. I've struggled with "organized religion", laziness, uncertainty, and believing when my friends may not.

I'm considering attending a session at a local UCC chapter. In truth, I'm not sure I'd ever heard of it before a friend recommended it to me.

I was raised Catholic and believe that good works are important--if only because compassion and love of our fellow man is important. I'm still in the searching phase, but ultimately, I'm trying to move in a better direction and would appreciate any help in the process. There are very few people I feel I can talk to about my Faith right now. I'm hoping to change that.

Debra welcome and sorry to learn that spam and tech issues got in the way of more prompt engagement. Welcome to the forum. I personally have found that connecting as best one can with others on "the way" or journey is most helpful.  From the Hebrew/Christian perspective the journey is communal rather than individual.

Have you located progressive church or at least one open to all---?

Karl

ArthurStone

• UCC from the New Light Christian Connection
    • View Profile
    • Christian Connection Info
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:07:22 AM »
Here is to hoping that she comes back with a good report from visiting one of our churches and forgives you Chris for accidently deleting her post.  :-)
1) Jesus the only head
2) Christian a sufficient label
3) Unity our purpose
4) The Bible our guide
5) Respect everyoneís right to interpret scripture
6) Christian character a sufficient test
http://www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/people/jburnett.html

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 08:47:25 PM »
hired help isn't what it use to be
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:12:03 PM by PowerPoof »
WARNING - Steven Clifford will abuse the privilege of personal information you reveal concerning yourself to his advantage - he will also seek to intimidate you with anything you share about yourself to advantage his BWF position - this www is not a safe place for vulnerable people... esp. glbt folk