Author Topic: introducing a non-hetronomativity standard into the curriculum  (Read 2295 times)

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
introducing a non-hetronomativity standard into the curriculum
« on: October 19, 2010, 11:59:48 AM »
not only in the seminaries that UCC control, but also their private colleges - junior schools, high schools, and universities
WARNING - Steven Clifford will abuse the privilege of personal information you reveal concerning yourself to his advantage - he will also seek to intimidate you with anything you share about yourself to advantage his BWF position - this www is not a safe place for vulnerable people... esp. glbt folk

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
Re: introducing a non-hetronomativity standard into the curriculum
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »
so what would a standard such as this consider and evolve into

certainly as a given - a regard for same-sex marriage, same-sex couples access to adoption

at what level of education should a child be exposed to such concepts - well as more and more kids are reared in a same-sex relationship surely those images should be introduced as early as possible to within a school curricululum - say at grade 1

pictures of daddy and daddy and mummy and mummy up on the wall of a grade one's room in my humble opinion would be highly appropriate

so are there in place now within those schools that the ucc control - policies that direct such images being publically placed now within learning environments for early stage learners
WARNING - Steven Clifford will abuse the privilege of personal information you reveal concerning yourself to his advantage - he will also seek to intimidate you with anything you share about yourself to advantage his BWF position - this www is not a safe place for vulnerable people... esp. glbt folk

ArthurStone

• UCC from the New Light Christian Connection
    • View Profile
    • Christian Connection Info
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 10:19:13 PM »
What makes you think that we didn't do this 30 years ago?
1) Jesus the only head
2) Christian a sufficient label
3) Unity our purpose
4) The Bible our guide
5) Respect everyone’s right to interpret scripture
6) Christian character a sufficient test
http://www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/people/jburnett.html

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 07:40:23 AM »
so what do you guys reckon... do you think homophobic teachers and lecturers should be suspended and that all teaching staff should be made to sign an atypical ONA declaration if teaching in a secular institution

ArthurStone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »
Should angry ranting anti-homophobic's be suspended as well?  Or are people entitled to their opinions and pyschological disorders?  If you can rant, why can't they?  Most super-homophobic's are held in the same level of esteem as those who are ranting anti-homophobic's.  Rude and boorish.
1) Jesus the only head
3) Unity our purpose
4) The Bible our guide

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 08:46:34 AM »
Arthur.... I would've thought that a white teacher teaching civic's or justice studies or social sciences - who declares openly to his class that he thinks the negro is below human rights - you'd be amongst a tirade of folk who'd demand his/her immediate suspension

why not the same for a theology professor at a state uni. who from the start declares his/her literalist views in front of a class that homosexuals are condemned by scripture and the best we can do as christians is forward them pastoral care.... and we can never condone same sex marriage

as a tax payer and student in just such a class - knowing that homophobic hate language is prohibited by current nsw anti-discrimination legislation... why can't I be affronted and demand that the lecturer be either severely reprimanded or immediately suspended!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:48:39 AM by PowerPoof »

ArthurStone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
Perhaps your particular question is best (and only) answered in the courts of OZ and not here.  I understand your plight and position.  We have had cases here where very blatient offensive statements have brough censure from the university community.  It is a very tough and difficult decision.  State schools have to be seen as not supporting any one religious position, so they need to give some voice to oposing points of view.  But hate speach is not tolerated.  Yet hate speach is something that needs to be defined by the courts and not an individual who just did not like what someone else was saying.  Have you taken your case to the state prosecuter? 
1) Jesus the only head
3) Unity our purpose
4) The Bible our guide

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 09:43:02 AM »
I would've thought that human rights were universal and not just unique to oz... I'm sure most americans would prefer an educational system free of hate....

there are a number of current declarations signed by various countries you could draw upon for inspiration not just some disguntled poof as you are trying to marginalise me as

- http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2008/12/today-un-to-call-for-global-end-to.html
- http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/93239.html?hidecomments=1
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogyakarta_Principles
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Principles
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_declaration_on_sexual_orientation_and_gender_identity

ArthurStone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »
Which is why I asked if you had taken the case to civil court, like we do in the USA.

But, If you believe that you do not sin and have no need to ever repent, then why do you expect others to repent when you precieve that you have been hurt?
1) Jesus the only head
3) Unity our purpose
4) The Bible our guide

goodstoryteller

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 04:41:35 AM »
Robert

Is there not a GLBT group on campus?  Have you talked to them about it?

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 10:13:26 AM »
at a regional NSW uni - the simple answer is no... doesn't mean that they're aren't anythere - just well and truly in the closet

being an out-poof and surviving in the bush - don't mix in outback oz

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
I'm not doin theology full time - it's at another uni

my main problem is here on my home campus - the chaplin is an ardent poofter basher and his predecessor even got 'exodus' in here - a well know reversion therapy radical christian anti gay group to try and revert poofs into being straight home boys

the glbt student community here is just still licking it's war wounds over that issue - with just having being able to throw them off campus - but only when there was some suggestion that the minister involved was molesting the blokes who came to him - the uni still doesn't want to talk about it or the larger issue of glbt rights and recognition on campus - and all this in NSW where supposedly you have the strongest anti-dismcrimination laws in oz

it's all down to the fact that Labour is in trouble being a minority government and it can feel already the fall out over the rising ssm advocacy ~ so you can appreciate that anything that smacks of gay issues has gotten an un-offical don't touch sign on it in the public service and the judiciary - I don't need to do a thesis on hetronormativity ~ I'm living it comrade!

just getting back to the other uni [school of theo] I have talked about it on other threads... it's currently before the uni ombudsman... and I'm organising a bit of pressure on the uni thru the gay press... but oz is about to go inot xmas break & the tert sector doesn't quite wake up again until late feb. ['sides i got an extension for my report/thesis and I'm concentrating on that] - but wait and see ... I'll hit the campaign hard, next semester... as I'll be campaign over the issue to get me a seat on the student council for external students or a representative of theological students ~ i think ol' St Marks is regrettin already gettin involved with a secular university :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:49:21 AM by PowerPoof »

ArthurStone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
ok, that helps me understand.  Like here, education and careful theological work is the way to open door for change.

Let me strongly suggest that shouting anti-God, anti-salvation, anti-religion speach will not change the minds of the fundamentalist crowd.  You will need to know you Bible better then they, and you will need to understand the theology of Jesus better.  Only then will you have the opportunity to open the door for a different type of thinking.

You will need to appeal to their moral base.  This is why I have taken so much effort in responding to you.
1) Jesus the only head
3) Unity our purpose
4) The Bible our guide

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 10:18:56 AM »
appeal to the their moral base - be blowed

which part of the law don't you quite get

the point being - is they're currently gettin away with breakin state anti-discrim laws and I want the secular forces to give 'em a good kick up the arse and a few stiff fines and worse if possible!!!

PowerPoof

• Harvey Milk - LIVES
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
you know _ I reckon we should take it one step further... as glbt folk we should insist that clergy be vetted for their literalist views and those that hold-on to such views - should show cause, as to whether or not their license shouldn't be terminated within this denomination